Wakefield Rotary members are involved in a number of local initiatives and projects. We believe in giving back through the Rotary motto of Service Above Self.
You can be part of our community service projects.
Click on the “Sign-Up Genius” button to sign up for an event and click on the registration button to complete our club waiver. Then come meet us at our event and learn about Rotary and why we put Service above Self.
Here are a few ways that Wakefield Rotarians make a difference in our community:
- Package thousands of meals every year for Rise Against Hunger (formerly Stop Hunger Now). Rotarians are working in 200 countries and regions around the world to end hunger. These meals nourish school children in developing countries.
- Sponsor and conduct a quarterly Adopt-a-Highway litter pickup along Ligon Mill Road in Wake Forest.
- Established two Rotary Interact Clubs–one at Wakefield High School and one at Heritage High School to give students a chance to develop as leaders and foster an active interest in their community.
- Help with the Y-Learning program which provides students with homework assistance and study skills. Club members volunteer their time to tutor students who are at risk of scoring below grade level on tests.
- Help set up and take down American flags that are displayed on holidays in honor our community’s military veterans in the Town roundabouts.
- Fund attendance and transportation for two local high school students in the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards weekend camp.
- Supporters of Wake Forest Chamber of Commerce and Wake Forest Community Council.
Recent Community Events
Check out how we have been serving the Wake Forest Community
Our Vision Statement
Together, we see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change—across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves.
Wakefield Rotary Club of Wake Forest is an organization of business professionals, neighbors, friends and community leaders who join together to create positive change in Wake Forest and around the World. We serve the community, focusing on youth leadership development, food insecurity, community development and networking.