Visit the Wakefield Rotary club as a potential new member and your first meeting is free. See why “Service Above Self” is Rotary’s motto! For more information about joining Rotary, please contact our Wakefield Rotary membership chair.
Rotary International is an association of individual clubs, with each club operating autonomously. Membership is extremely important to us, and we are always eager to hear from individuals interested in our mission and in joining a Rotary club. The RI universal premise is that the membership of each club constitutes an accurate representation of the business and professional population within the community served.
Through Rotary International’s service programs, a Rotary club can have a significant effect on the quality of life in its community. Rotary Foundation programs offer opportunities to form international partnerships that help people in need worldwide. Over 1.2 million Rotarians in 33,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas make significant contributions to the quality of life at home and around the globe.
What is a Rotarian?
Rotarians are business, professional, and community leaders who take an active role in their communities while greatly enriching their personal and professional lives. A Rotary club contains a diverse group of professional leaders from the community that the club serves. As a large and diverse organization, Rotary provides individuals with the power to help those in need. There are countless opportunities to make a difference to those less fortunate than ourselves. We help at-risk elementary school students do better on their end-of-grade tests by reading to them on a consistent basis and serving as reading mentors. Once a month, we meet after work for a networking social at various places in our community. Raising funds for youth in our community is the purpose of our Super Duper Duck Splash. Our first duck race in June 2019 raised enough money to give $14,000 directly to these local youth organizations:
-Note in the Pocket
-NC Football Club
-Wake Forest Boys & Girls Club
Rotary Membership Benefits include:
- Friendship – In an increasingly complex world, Rotary maintains a simple philosophy – make friends in your own community and throughout the world.
- Giving back to the community – Through Rotary, service to local and overseas communities is well organized and rewarding. If you like helping others, here is your chance to do something worthwhile and make a real difference.
- Fun and entertainment – Rotary is fun… a lot of fun. Every Rotary club and district arranges parties and activities that provide a welcome distraction to a hectic business life.
- Business development – Networking opportunities are endless. Rotary consists of a cross-section from every business community and its members come from all walks of life. Rotarians help each other and collectively help others.
- Personal growth and development – Membership of Rotary develops leadership, public speaking, social, business, personal and vocational skills as well as improving cultural awareness.
- Continued learning – Clubs organize programs and weekly meetings to keep members informed about what is going on in the community, the country, and the world. Each meeting provides an opportunity to listen to different speakers on a variety of current topics.
- Travel opportunities – Every Rotarian is welcome – even encouraged – to attend any of the 33,000 clubs in over 200 countries and geographical regions. This bond creates an instant friendship wherever you are in the world. Many a Rotarian in need of a local doctor, lawyer, hotel, dentist, or other expertise while traveling has found assistance through Rotary.
Recent Community Events
Check out how we have been serving the Wake Forest Community
What do you get when Cinco de Mayo and the Kentucky Derby fall on the same day? The inaugural Wakefield Rotary Cinco de Derby reverse raffle party! On Saturday, May 5, 2018, 4 – 8 p.m., Wakefield Rotary Club will host a Cinco de Mayo fiesta and Kentucky Derby festival...
For the last three years, Wakefield Rotarians have participated in the Northeast Regional Youth Leadership Conference held at the Ledford Center in Wake Forest along with our Interact clubs from Wakefield and Heritage High School. We get to talk to young...
Three couples went home winners from the first Lucky 13 fundraiser hosted by the Wakefield Rotary Club. Debbie Hamrick & Ed Gaines were the big winners of the $2013 grand prize reverse raffle drawing. Johan and Kari Kristoffersen won the Barrel of Booze value at...
Our Vision Statement
Together We See A World Where People Unite and Take Action to Create Lasting Change Across the Globe, in Our Communities and in Ourselves.
Wakefield Rotary Club of Wake Forest is an organization of business professionals, neighbors, friends and community leaders who join together to create positive change in Wake Forest and around the World. We serve the community, focusing on youth leadership development, food insecurity, community development and networking.