Visit the Wakefield Rotary club as a potential new member and your first meeting is free. See why “Service Above Self” is Rotary’s motto! For more information about joining Rotary, please contact our Wakefield Rotary membership chair.
Rotary International is an association of individual clubs, with each club operating autonomously. Membership is extremely important to us, and we are always eager to hear from individuals interested in our mission and in joining a Rotary club. The RI universal premise is that the membership of each club constitutes an accurate representation of the business and professional population within the community served.
Through Rotary International’s service programs, a Rotary club can have a significant effect on the quality of life in its community. Rotary Foundation programs offer opportunities to form international partnerships that help people in need worldwide. Over 1.2 million Rotarians in 33,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas make significant contributions to the quality of life at home and around the globe.
What is a Rotarian?
Rotarians are business, professional, and community leaders who take an active role in their communities while greatly enriching their personal and professional lives. A Rotary club contains a diverse group of professional leaders from the community that the club serves. As a large and diverse organization, Rotary provides individuals with the power to help those in need. There are countless opportunities to make a difference to those less fortunate than ourselves. We help at-risk elementary school students do better on their end-of-grade tests by reading to them on a consistent basis and serving as reading mentors. Once a month, we meet after work for a networking social at various places in our community. Raising funds for youth in our community is the purpose of our Super Duper Duck Splash. Our first duck race in June 2019 raised enough money to give $14,000 directly to these local youth organizations:
-Note in the Pocket
-NC Football Club
-Wake Forest Boys & Girls Club
Rotary Membership Benefits include:
- Friendship – In an increasingly complex world, Rotary maintains a simple philosophy – make friends in your own community and throughout the world.
- Giving back to the community – Through Rotary, service to local and overseas communities is well organized and rewarding. If you like helping others, here is your chance to do something worthwhile and make a real difference.
- Fun and entertainment – Rotary is fun… a lot of fun. Every Rotary club and district arranges parties and activities that provide a welcome distraction to a hectic business life.
- Business development – Networking opportunities are endless. Rotary consists of a cross-section from every business community and its members come from all walks of life. Rotarians help each other and collectively help others.
- Personal growth and development – Membership of Rotary develops leadership, public speaking, social, business, personal and vocational skills as well as improving cultural awareness.
- Continued learning – Clubs organize programs and weekly meetings to keep members informed about what is going on in the community, the country, and the world. Each meeting provides an opportunity to listen to different speakers on a variety of current topics.
- Travel opportunities – Every Rotarian is welcome – even encouraged – to attend any of the 33,000 clubs in over 200 countries and geographical regions. This bond creates an instant friendship wherever you are in the world. Many a Rotarian in need of a local doctor, lawyer, hotel, dentist, or other expertise while traveling has found assistance through Rotary.
Recent Community Events
Check out how we have been serving the Wake Forest Community
Adopt your ducks now for Wakefield Rotary Club’s 5th annual Super Duper Duck Splash. Enjoy the fun of watching your ducks race (or float) to the finish line for a chance to win cash and prizes.
Visit our website where you can adopt a duck for $5 (or less when you adopt more!) Adoptions can be purchased online using a credit card.
The Super Duper Duck Splash is an annual fundraiser that benefits youth nonprofit initiatives in our community, including Note in the Pocket, Wake Forest Boys & Girls Club and at-risk youth programs at the Kerr Family YMCA and NC Football Club Youth.
Have fun and feel good by adopting your ducks today. Then watch the race either in person at the WRAL Soccer Park back parking lot.
Our Quackers were not stopped by COVID-19. Our club was able to safely livestream the race on Facebook and YouTube with only our Wakefield Rotarians onsite to setup and conduct the race. We were proud to still raise money for youth charities in our community thanks to...
As people of action, Wakefield Rotarians are not sitting idle while sheltering at home during the coronavirus pandemic. We are safely making a difference in our community through local efforts that help area businesses and health care workers who are on the frontline...
Our Vision Statement
Together, we see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change—across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves.
Wakefield Rotary Club of Wake Forest is an organization of business professionals, neighbors, friends and community leaders who join together to create positive change in Wake Forest and around the World. We serve the community, focusing on youth leadership development, food insecurity, community development and networking.